Frequently Asked Chiropractic & Nutrition Questions
What can I expect on my first chiropractic visit?
The first session lasts approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. We will begin our session by reviewing your health concerns, your family's health history, and any previous care you may have had (chiropractic, osteopathic, acupuncture, physical therapy, medical, etc.). Important in our conversation is the discussion of symptomatic relief versus holistic health care so as to clarify your goals and expectations.
We will then do a physical examination which may incorporate orthopedic and neurological tests in addition to the chiropractic exam, which includes a careful analysis to detect any structural. I will observe your posture, how you walk, sit and stand, and then proceed with an Applied Kinesiology exam using muscle testing in order to reveal areas of imbalance.
If it seems clinically indicated, we may take x-rays here on site.
Your first visit may include some treatment. Depending upon your history and problems, treatment at this time may need to wait until x-rays are reviewed. If there is a contraindication to adjusting an area in the spine, we need to know this first before adjusting.
- What can I expect on my first visit?
- What should I bring to my session?
- How many sessions does it take?
- How do follow-up sessions work?
- Would I benefit from chiropractic, Applied Kinesiology and nutritional counseling if I already feel healthy?
- Can't I just do yoga or exercises to solve my structural problems?
- Will I receive any medication for my pain?
© 2013, All Rights Reserved | Web Design & Development by Sheriar Designs